Thursday 17 May 2012

The Future for Beauty by Theresa


For a while now I have been working on a plan to further develop my career in the Beauty Industry - really its like merging 2 of my past careers together.

Some of you know in a previous life I worked in Human Resources - in fact gaining a post graduate qualification through CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development for you none HR people out there).  My biggest passion in HR was the training and development side and am not boasting when I say that the awards and accolades I received during that career showed that training and development was a natural passion and flair that I excelled at.

So now my next career step is to combine my 2 career passions and become a trainer within my current work in the Beauty Industry!



In recent years the government has specified that:-

"to train in the Adult Sector From September 2007, all new tutors, trainers and teachers in England have needed to meet qualification requirements described by the Department for Education and Skills (DfES)"

 - basically, despite my post graduate qualification previously gained I now need to hold a 'PTLLS' (Preparing to Teach in the Life Long Learning Sector) qualification so I am currently beavering away getting this award.


As well as continuing to carry out Beauty Treatments to my ever expanding client base I will be teaching as a Freelance Trainer in Beauty, to train those who also wish to follow my career path in the Beauty Industry.  Freelance Training will hopefully enable me to train in the products and treatments that are amongst the best in the industry and using my skills to ensure that the newbies in the industry follow with the same professional passion for the treatments and clients as I do!

I will keep you all posted when my training courses start but I feel lots of exciting times ahead!


No comments:

Post a Comment